Steyr 600 Multipla

und natuerlich auch die antworten dazu bitte hier eintragen
Antworten
kmentik

Steyr 600 Multipla

Beitrag von kmentik »

Hallo,

ich bin hier neu. Ich habe Steyr 600 Multipla gekauft. Ich habe keine dokumente and habe nur den Typenschild gefunden. Das chassis nr. ist 104037 aber ich weiss nicht welche jahr ist es. Wie kann man es finden?

Vielen dank.
Kmentik, Praha (CZ)

Since my German is really bad here is the question in English.

I was lucky to buy Steyr 600 Multipla recently. The car requires complete restoration so it will take some time before it hits the roads again. However, there were no documents provided with the car so I know only as little as is written on the ID (VIN) tag. The chassis number stamped there is 104037. Can anyone help me to identify the year of production? The history of this very car is not really known. It seems likely that it was imported to the Czech Republic before the Velvet revolution. The seller believes it last ran some 20 years ago and was parked since.

I am aware that this forum is focused specificaly on Steyr Puch 500 and my question is off the topic but I hope there is anyone familiar with Multiplas as well

Thanks a lot,
Kmentik, Praha (CZ)
Dateianhänge
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (59.2 KiB) 10735 mal betrachtet
Richi

Re: Steyr 600 Multipla

Beitrag von Richi »

Hello Kmentik,

first of all, congratulations on being so lucky to finding a Multipla these days. I bought mine in 1984 and I'm still holding on to it. Unfortunately I have no reference on hand which VIN corresponds to which year. But there is an easy way to check: The Multiplas were build between 1956 and 1965. The D Modell with the stronger and larger engine started around 1960 and is easyly determined by the engine flywheel. If the flywheel includes an oilfilter it is the later stronger engine, if the flywheel is plain it is the older engine. The engine number on the block has the prefix 100D for the later and only 100 for the earlier engine. If you know the Model you can look at the windowglass. Every glass has a number on the top (0-9) This number corresponds to the year of build within a ten year period. My Multipla has the VIN 104486 and was build in 1962.

Good luck with your car and it would be nice if you could post some pics.

Richi
kmentik

Beitrag von kmentik »

Hello Richi,

thank you for your answer. The thing is that Multipla as well as 600 and 600D produced by Steyr were numbered separately. Both chassis and engine numbers were different from Fiat and the 100/100D prefix was not used. I will try to check the windows, thanks for this tip. Let's see if this was used by Steyr as well. The car is now parked pretty far from where I live as I need to make space in my garage at first before I start to disassemble the car. In the meantime here is picture of the car. There is a lot of welding to be done - all fenders, inner and outer rockers and floor pans are rusty and must be replaced. Also, the trim is missing and interior is gone. Fortunatelly the car was not crashed. Anyway, as mentined in my first post, complete restoration is necessary. I will let you know once I get to the car and check the flywheel construction and the windows.

Cheers,
Kmentik
Dateianhänge
DSC_3329.JPG
DSC_3329.JPG (248.54 KiB) 10710 mal betrachtet
Richi

Beitrag von Richi »

Well it will be a lot of work... I forgot to mention that my Multipla is a Steyr aswell. So considering how close the numbers are, I would say yours is around 62 as well. I do have alot of spare parts for the Multipla, including trim, glass, gearboxes ( they differ from the Sedan) and at least 10 engines ;-). So I might be able to help if problems occur...

All the best and keep us updated, Richi
kmentik

Beitrag von kmentik »

Hello Richi,

I finally managed to see the car again. I checked the windows and following code (except of Securit) is written at the top: IGM0594/VT and in next row PLATE-AS-2 (see the picture enclosed). If I am correct this is just specification of the window producer/the technology. But I found no connection to the year of production. Did I miss something?

Nevertheless I believe that the 600D engine is installed and considering how close your and mine Multipla are we can assume that it was produced - most probably - in 62 or 61. I will keep you updated and thanks for the offer of spare parts. I will let you know if I face troubles with sourcing some Multipla-specific parts.

Thanks again.
Kmentik
Dateianhänge
WindowCode.jpg
WindowCode.jpg (148.44 KiB) 10675 mal betrachtet
Antworten